Saturday, February 7, 2009

According to Jim

Small countries have big heroes. I should write an entire post about the pop star / quasi-saint / national hero of Macedonia, Tose Proeski - actually, I should write a book. But for the moment, I'll just direct you to Chelsi's post on Jim Belushi.

Jim (and his late brother) are ethnic Albanians, born to immigrant parents in Chicago. Albanians, in general, really really really love America anyway, and that a reasonably popular American sitcom star is part of the big Albanian family, well - it's a huge deal.

To be honest, if I turned on the TV at any given point in the day, every day, and 'According to Jim' was on I would throw my television out the window. It sounds like some sort of bizarre, ironic Twilight Zone concept.

For that reason, I would like to express my intention to start "The Better Belushi Foundation", dedicated to bringing varied and quality Belushi media to Albanian television. Yes, that just means 'Animal House' and old Saturday Night Live clips, but to a Belushi-starved nation, it can make all the difference.

I'll be accepting donations from the Albanian diaspora community. Cash.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Does this mean that David Cross is the Albanian Antichrist? (Which he might be) Or just really annoying? (Which he is)

- T.F.